Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Its Summer on the Reservation!

(on July 24th) I had Worked from 4-10 . I came home and got out of my cold wet uniform, and went straight to bed as soon as I could. Finding the warmth of my bed and blankets...

(on July 25th) Today the Tribes Parks and Recreation Department had a 3 on 3 Women's Basket Ball Tournament at the Tribal Gym. This would be the main thing on my mind all day long.

In the morning I woke up thinking it was still night time. I looked at my phone and saw it was 8 O'Clock in the A to the M. I thought of the Text the night before saying that I was only going to take a Cat Nap. So, I had slept pass that... "Oops". I then went back to sleep because it is summer time, better sleep while you can! The Next thing I here is my Mom... and she's telling my sister Margie its time to get up for Summer School, and you know what that means (smiley Face)... well as in being born 1st and the man of the house, its my job to get her there! and because I went to bed at a decent time, I was ready to get up. No Problems, No Questions asked.... ( 10 min later...) Knock Knock Knock, well its that time. I got up in and put some Pajamas on and a T-shirt and went out to the car and took my little sister to school.

I sat around for little bit, or for awhile ... ether or.. then sent a text to see if my buddy was up, and he was. So I went checked on my grandma's place (shes in Wiki) and then next to go get some gas... I thought I better get some money out of the credit union, and in doing that I shouldn't go to lady that I tell I'm trying to save money. So, I went to the lady next to her my aunt. Anyway, I got about 4 something out. thinking about  buying a new computer.

I went and had Lunch with my God brother, and he tells me I might be able to get an little Accer, and gives me a good laugh. So I thought I might just take my money back, so not to be humiliated about my options. Maybe try and save another 16 Hundred dollars, but that would take at least 4-6 weeks, because I like eat! Well I don't know if have enough discipline for that hard task, being I'm only a 17 year old Sag Chip Indian Boy, who is in no way of being S.L.I.K (Spoiled Little Indian Kid). Later he tells tells me off his little brother,  Eddie. So go up to his room, and he starts negotiating with him, what other kid would want 3-4 Hundred dollars for a computer. In the Middle of summer? Anyway the agreement was that i would give him three then, and after getting it fixed I would bring back the rest of the change.

So I took the Infested Computer to Game-go Computers, where they fix thing like this. Meeting with the Owner, who is pretty awesome. Did some Negotiating myself and got it down, 30 bucks, because he knows me. Hell, I even got him to give us an hour free of charge of play on the Xbox, playing the newest of the Call of Duty Game. Nice T.V. and all. Well, My God Brother Got a Job Offer! What For? Just for being himself, work on Saturdays and get free play and get paid! I don't like to say it, but, that's better than standing around all day at the water-park yelling at crazy kids who have crazy parents and cleaning up Poop on the bottom of the pool. Just Kidding, but really, sounds pretty fun.  Or at-least funner than Life guarding, I mean don't get me wrong, I like my Job and all, mostly because of I feel like I'm helping my tribe out on the "front lines" of Costumer Service/Visitor Service. (but really I'm just a lifeguard who could be easily replaced)

Anyway where was I?

O'Yeah (in Old Elder Indian Granny Voice)

We went to Tribal Center where my god brother lifted weights because he's going to the NBA someday, if he wants to. I went to go talk or visit with my mentor, my older Cousin, Dustin Davis, being the busy guy he is, he was talking with somebody about who knows what? So I just had a nice little visit with aunt Shannon Martin of the Miday Lodge, went over the Sundance visit last Friday and some joking about my Job and Poop. Then with my aunt Bush, the vary Successful Lady, I kinda asked/told her she was my manager for my short lived music video career. (ha-ha, didn't get the gig) then it was that time of the day, I didn't get to talk with my mentor but it was okay. It was 4 O'clock or 5 to 4, anyways.


(3:55) The Saginaw Chippewa Youth Council was there to help out with the concession stand, and wow was it hot out. I borrowed my moms Canopy thing for some shade because of how hot it was outside. We had Hamburgers with no cheese, my mom wanted some, but i guess she was SOL, Shit out Luck! (ha ha ha ha). Maybe next time we will have some cheese, sorry mom. Visited with the other youth. talked about kinds of ideas, mostly argued ,ha-ha you know whats funny is that the tribal council probably argues just the same! but over all it was an effective day. My mom even bought me a orange pop-sickle and supported the youth. The youth council made some money and recruited some new youth!


I had left at 6 O'Clock for Game-go Computers, they fixed my new computer for me. I bought it from my cousin, anyway they got all the "Viruses" out of it and instilled some protection.


Long day but now I am ready to write all kinds of Petitions and work for my community more effectively because I have a new computer!


Well its 1:40 in the morning and I can hear my wise grandmother telling me to go to bed! So Goodnight! Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment