Thursday, July 26, 2012

(On July 25th) - Just a regular Wednesday Night  after I published my 1st blog. Later I left in the middle of the night to my God Brothers, trying not to wake up anybody. He asked for a Nero Sleep Drink, wow, that was a mistake. O Yeah Ill get us one to drink. In my mind I knew they cost about 2.49 cents at our Sagamok gas station. So there I am looking for my little bit of Jone-yah ("Shinny"). Looking on my floor I found about a dollar twenty five, "half way there" I'm thinking. So I head downstairs to the coach that eats everything, where I hope I could gain the couple quarters I need. But No, after I stick my hand in between the cracks I chicken out and pulled out! "No" I think that I do not need to go to such extremes to gather a couple quarters. So I try the Laundry room, "Hello" I think, as I walk into the laundry room but no nothing. No Money at all, maybe I should not always take from there when I need gas money. So I almost thought of calling off the search for the Jone-yah, thinking about money and life. The thought of me working one more week before my next work check gets me thinking about my Hip Pack, my little fanny pack for Official Lifeguard Duty work. Hey I might have some change in my hip pack. Long story short I got the rest of my change I needed from my Official Lifeguard Hip Pack. A whole 1.75 was pulled from my emergency lunch funds.

So I get ready to head out to Sagamok in my Red Chevy Blazer. As I head out the side door I can tell the golf cart was moved, my keys were in that golf cart. Yet again I loose my only set of keys, and its raining cats and dogs out, power is about to go out anytime. So I walk toward the frount of the house and there they are in the golf cart. Ha! So I head for my car, that's when it hit me, I left my windows down... Again. All i can hear is my grandma saying "You Blithering Idiot" ah... then I notice I left my overnight bag in my room. Can I do anything right? Well it's that Humility teaching giving me a life lesson... Again. So I get my bag, put in the truck and sit down in the drivers seat. I was expecting a wet car, but hell, the rain must have been blowing sideways, because all off my dash board was covered with water. Not only is it getting my Dii-osh wet. But it smells like wet Dog... Again! So I quietly head out to go get my pricey Nero Drink and head down Broadway for a little sleep over...



(Friday July 26th) Okay where do I start...  a very productive day.

Michigan Youth Councils Meeting
SCIT Youth Meeting
Try and start a revolution with my ideas!

I had woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I look and see it's my mom, I don't want to hear the yelling of me not being home, but its to late, I answered the phone. I hear nothing... So I quickly hung up the phone and text my mom, asking her what she needed. She responded that Margie need to be at summer school... I had thought that she didn't need to be there until 10 in the morning. I text my mom telling her I was on my way. She text back "I'm already taking her!" and "Pick her up at 10:15 am... at West" So I did. Then I went back to Kyle's and fell asleep again.

The real work day started out at 2 O'clock in the afternoon . I took a hot shower to wash the usual smell of wet dog off me, and the usual grooming that keeps me looking good!

I left for Tribal Ops, Dustin wasn't there. So I went back into the tribal gym. Seeing some competition, Luckily I was in Sandals and wearing my nice blue jeans, So they didn't get to mess with the god brothers undefeated record in basketball. So I decided to go home and get stuck in You-Tube Land, where I found this lady from Chippewa Hills Public Schools who supports the tribe and its gaming operations because we give back to education. Justifying her spending her good hard earned money at the Soaring Eagle!

So it's about 5:15, so I head over to my Grannys to check on the house. Maybe to get a bite to eat, but all the doors are locked and I couldn't find my key. So, I would wait for later in the day where we eat pizza with our out of town guest. I go and pick up KJ and Arlan and bring them to our Youth Group Meeting at Ziibiwing.

As we Pulled into Ziibiwing Arlan tells us about how he watered the grass, you can tell where it has been watered, also telling us as we walk up the side walk how he took down some weeds in the front of the building. KJ points out that there where stumps left, then it becomes clear that Arlan might have taken down a tree, but he Insists it was a weed that wasn't supposed to be there.

 The meeting went into chaos as we argued about how we should give away 25 free wrist bands for teen night during powwow weekend for the Water-park. Should we have a spot dance at the powwow, or just sign up? Should we give them to the community youth, or should we use them for us? O'well as the night progressed and we still had vary little on what we would talk about with our International guest. We would have all Three Fires Represented, Pokegon Band - Ojibways (Us) - and the Odawa. They were coming down a whole day early for Michigan Indian Family Olympics. Over all after everybody arrived the event was a good turn out, its funny how things come together last minute. We had over 50 youth, at-least from my projections.  We Welcomed them, Invited them to our powwow, I had invited them to the sobriety walk next weekend. Then Smudged, had an tribal elder pray from a different community, took a youth picture, then our elders ate, and finally everybody else. We had played some Ice-breakers, Introduced our self's to each other. Danced and had an awesome time. Late we covered ideas in which we could partner and work together as a team Michigan. I brought up an idea about an International Exchange Worker/Student/Visitor Program where we could grow connections in other community's and learn from each others. Other great Ideas I heard was overnight camping trips, to revival of tribal leagues, sporting events, Sober 49s, and we even shared our about our Positive Parties. I think it was a great experience in getting to know future Michigan tribal leaders.


After that...      (9ish)


Arlan, Kj, and I meet with other youth at Soaring Eagle, they were our SCIT Tribal Youth that were there for a birthday party. They were fans of Kids at Play, they liked our movie Deadwood Zombie. We visited and we came up with a new little video idea that we would shoot this Saturday. We even gave them a little interview in the hotels lobby by the fire...

 


Well I'm Tired and going to get some sleep for the Olympics tomorrow, or should I say today!
Sorry for misspelled words and grammar.


No comments:

Post a Comment